BMC digital IT powers 82% of Fortune 500 companies
New release: Announcing DB2 12.1 for z Systems
The launch of DB2 12.1 marks the delivery of considerable enhancements to our entire DB2 suite with updates across 23 products to improve performance, administration, and recovery.
This release underscores BMC’s dedication to the DB2 z Systems platform, our continued innovation in the space, and our goal to modernize work on the mainframe. In addition to DB2 z/OS v12 support, this release provides:
- Performance enhancements across the entire DB2 suite of products
- Further integration with Next Generation Technology across the product suite
- A tablet-enabled user interface for Workbench that provides mobile access to mainframe apps and DBA tasks – making work on the mainframe modern and mobile
- Enhanced automation and zIIP eligibility
Improve productivity and reduce data management costs by up to 65% or more with BMC Next Generation Technology
Transform the management of your DB2 databases with administration, performance, and backup and recovery solutions designed to meet the scale and complexity of digital business.
- Run DB2 utilities with BMC Next Generation Technology to use fewer resources
- Eliminate downtime and increase availability of business services
- Seamlessly support new unstructured data
- Speed up the time-to-market of applications with secure, self-service intuitive interfaces
- Move to DB2 11 and beyond with confidence
Data management to meet the demands of digital business
Effectively manage today’s enormous, fast-growing databases while reducing DB2 operating costs and avoiding business outages.
Simplified administration and change management
Improve data integrity and availability while lowering costs.
Speed up time-to-market, improve IT staff productivity, save resources, and lower CPU usage.
Backup and recovery solutions
Implement a complete daily backup and recovery strategy that optimizes performance and availability.
Find problems before implementing new code in production.
System monitoring and tuning
Spot issues before they cause outages.
Accelerate the time to complete reorgs and increase performance and availability by reorganizing data with zero application outages.
Take a closer look
- Improve productivity for database administrators.
- Ensure data is optimized and available at all times.
- Improve DBA productivity by automating and accelerating the time to complete reorgs.
- Reduce the risk of introducing performance problems in a production environment.
- Target DB2 workloads and utilities that are driving the peak rolling 4-hour average.
- Identify and tune resource-intensive applications.
- Reduce costs and delay CPU upgrades through zIIP offloads.
- Enable self-service for the application development community through a secure, web-based interface.
Data management solutions for DB2 on z/OS, now with BMC Next Generation Technology (NGT)
Next-generation data management tools for digital business handle a wide range of data management tasks more efficiently without taxing DB2 resources.
BMC High Speed Utilities for DB2 with Next Generation Technology reduce the effort it takes to manage your DB2 environment with a collection of powerful tools designed to replace native DB2 utilities. The utilities offer full availability, even while performing maintenance reorganization.
BMC LOBMaster for DB2 simplifies data management of unstructured DB2 data by consolidating all the processes for validation and maintenance of DB2 LOBs into a single high-speed solution.
Dramatically reduce the effort required by—and risks associated with—maintaining and updating DB2 database objects with the BMC Object Administration for DB2 solution.
Reduce costs while improving the availability and performance of your DB2 applications by streamlining your SQL, avoiding expensive hardware upgrades, and minimizing disruptive reorganizations.
Don’t let unplanned downtime ruin your day—power up your backup and recovery processes with tools in the BMC Recovery for DB2 solution.
Enjoy peerless database performance by optimizing and automating your reorganization and maintenance processes with BMC Performance for DB2 Databases.
BMC Workbench for DB2 makes interacting with your DB2 database modern, mobile, and intuitive, helping you improve the performance of your applications. It is available as part of either Object Administration for DB2 or Performance for DB2 SQL.